New Year, New Me, and New Army! My Thoughts & What to Look Forward to


Hello there!

It’s been a long time! It’s been so long that I’m already preparing to switch to an entirely different army! The goblins and I have had a lot of fun together (I even qualified for the US Masters SE team using them!), but it’ll be time to go our separate ways for (most of) 2019.

Time to do any army I’ve always wanted to do since the Warhammer days… Undead!

I’ve played a ton of MMORPG’s, but none have stuck to me as much as the Wrath of the Lich King expansion for World of Warcraft (and finally getting Invincible’s Reins… SCORE!). Ever since I’ve seen GW Vampire Count’s hit the table, I’ve always wanted to do some kind of Lich King-themed army. Fortunately, I grabbed a ton of GW undead from a local who was getting out of Age of Sigmar, so this was my opportunity to do it. Not to mention the new GW Nighthaunt miniatures that were released. With all the models I could use, I figured it was finally time to put it in action!

Unfortunately, keeping the Lich King theme might be a little difficult. I decided to settle with a chilly-Blue spectral theme in a dead forest+cobblestone setting. The “theme” being that my undead legions plague the land of which they conquer, causing plants & trees to rot and fungi to grow in abundance. A lot of inspiration not only came from WoW, but also Chris Walsh (tribute to him, especially, with the worm creatures!).

At my local game store, they’re hosting a smaller KoW event at 1250 points to attract new players and to do something a little different (other than usual pre-GT practice events). I figured this would be the best time to reveal my new undead army. Anyways, less talking, and more painted miniatures!


What is painted so far: Two Wraith Regiments, Two Zombie Regiments, Flying Pharaoh, Mounted Liche King, and a Revenant King on Flying Wyrm

Cute Zombies!






Spider friend!
As you can see, trying to keep to that chilly-blue spectral theme. With the zombies, I didn't want just generic green zombies, so I tried something a little different with the blue. I have to say, it might not be the best course of action, but I'm happy with how it turned out! The zombie regiments can also be combined into a horde, and the wraith regiments can be broken up into troops.

Moving from painting & modeling to actual gameplay.. it's.. different! It's a whole different playstyle from the usual goblins I'm used to playing with. I have no shooting, I don't have 20+ drops.. it's gonna take some getting used to. If anyone has any tips & tricks when it comes to undead, let me know! I'm currently loving the double wraith regiments & flying pharaoh for sure (and I'm sure they'll work a lot better when I learn to play them better)!

I also hope Clash of Kings 2019 doesn't screw up my undead shenanigans! Trying to avoid the "leaks" and teasers as much as possible as to not take away excitement & mystery, but you can never be too careful! I'll continue painting up Undead in the mean time. I have a ton of bases already finished (that I will also post eventually).

Until then... Let's Go To War!

-Christopher

Comments

Popular Posts